How To Turn Your Fear Of Showing Up Online Into A Powerful Purpose
I receive the same question all the time. How do I become more comfortable sharing my life’s work as I grow my digital presence? As a conscious business coach, I want to help you identify any narratives that block you. Women know this familiar story.
Women of color also know this history. Any woman who holds multiple identities knows this history.
The Fear Of Sharing Ourselves Begins With Young Women
It starts in adolescence, and social media enlarges the pressure, especially on young women. That pressure follows us into adulthood and behind the doors of our life’s work. But I want to help you get there by shifting the conversation and asking a different question. You can turn your fear of showing up online into a powerful purpose.
How To Move Past The Fear Of Sharing Your Work on Social Media
- Let go of the idea that you will feel more comfortable. Shift the narrative by introducing a better question. You do not become more comfortable sharing yourself online. It will feel triggering and challenging every single time.
- Move from comfort to purpose and ask this question instead: how can I become more purposeful?
- Your purpose helps you live a more meaningful life. I’ve read so many self-help books and blogs and podcasts and this seems to be what everyone is looking for. Happiness and fulfillment through meaning.
When I dare to be powerful, to use my voice in the service of my vision. Then it matters less if I am afraid.
When you lack clarity and feel discomfort, shift your attention to your purpose.
Why do you want to grow an audience? Why do you want more followers? What is important for you to share with them? Focusing on comfort will confuse you and delay the next action. It knows how to convince you that your goals are insignificant, It will tell you don’t look great today. It needs a contender.
That contender is your purpose.
Why are you doing what you are doing? What is the greater impact you want to have? For instance, my goal is to help conscious women master the mindset + messaging + strategy they need to transform their digital business. I write that on post-it notes and put it everywhere. I have one on my desk. I have another one on my bathroom mirror. I have another one on the kitchen wall next to the stove. This is where I make coffee every morning and this reminder is essential.
Here are a few ways your purpose can serve you when self-doubt and fear set in:
- You remember that your greater mission is bigger than this moment of fear.
- You learn to use your face, voice, words towards your purpose. They are not there to look great.
- You can let go of your insecurities for a few minutes, knowing that your face is there to stand for something.
- You stop focusing on what you look like and start focusing on your greater message.
In conclusion, sharing your work online can help you grow your impact and income, but it can also bring up a lot of fears and self-doubt. This can increase as women. We live in a society that encourages us to choose perfection over our purpose. Instead of thinking about how to get more comfortable being yourself and sharing, it helps to think about how you can become more purposeful.
This purpose can support you when you feel afraid. Your purpose supports you during those bad hair days during the quarantine. When you focus on purpose, you take the attention away from self-doubt and direct it towards your mission. It allows you to remember that one day of content is one moment towards a bigger vision. This is your invitation to reimagine sharing your work on social media in the face of fear. Can you allow the discomfort and move closer to a purpose” Can you ask yourself how you can become more purposeful as you share your work online?
Your purpose follows your intention.
Hello! I’m Uchechi, holistic life, and business design coach for intentional women entrepreneurs. I help you integrate the mindset, messaging, and methodology to elevate your income and impact with intention and ease. My life’s calling is to give you the language to architect and design your desires.