Uchechi Kalu Jacobson is a user experience designer, tech entrepreneur, writer and speaker. Her path from professional writer to tech entrepreneur began with her desire to craft meaningful online experiences through the written word. She is currently CEO of the social wedding planning startup wedocracy.com, and co-owns Linking Arts, a New Orleans based full-service web design and development agency focused on delivering great user experience design and functionality. Kalu Jacobson also hosts #YesWeCode chat, a bi weekly Twitter conversation about tech, inclusion and the future of innovation. See her portfolio here. Connect with Uchechi on Twitter.
1. I’m a twin. Yep, it’s true! No, she doesn’t look like me but we do share a birthday. That means I get to have twice as much cake!!
2. I speak Spanish fluently.
3. I’m the granddaughter of a Nigerian chief, who was also 7’2″. Yeah, that’s really tall. I’m only 5’4″, so not sure what happened there.
4. My wedding included a tequila donkey. Don’t believe me? See the photo to prove it.
5. I’m also the author of Flowers Blooming Against A Bruised Gray Sky (Whit Press, 2006).