#YesWeCode chat #16: NOEW & The Future of Entrepreneurship in New Orleans
Sunday March 15th, 2015
Diversity in technology is about bringing unique voices to the conversation as creators. It’s also about the diverse cities that make up the larger tech ecosystem in the US.
While cities like San Francisco and New York are known for hugely successful startup exits and major tech companies like Google and Apple, cities like New Orleans are joining the conversation and looking to tech entrepreneurship to revitalize the city and make a mark in the startup world.
The city is no stranger to major tech events. This summer, the #yeswecode hackathon took place here during Essence Festival, and in a few weeks New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), presented by IBERIABANK, will take place from March 20th-27th in Downtown New Orleans. The event, produced by The Idea Village, will bring together thought leaders, influencers, changemakers and startups distrupting their industies. From pitch events like the Big Idea to workshops and panels, #NOEW2015 promises to be exciting and informative.
You should join the #yeswecode chat if you want to:
- See how NOLA is making a name for itself in the tech world
- Get a sneak peak view of the buzz and excitement before the event.
- Connect with influencers, startups and participants early, so you can make the most of the event.
- Understand how diverse cities are adding to the tech inclusion conversation.
- Lend your expertise to the conversation.
- Ask questions to some of the best and brightest this city has to offer.
Here are some questions to think about:
- How can events like #NOEW2015 encourage other cities who want to bring engage tech and entrepreneurship?
- When it comes to pitching your startup, what’s the best advice you’d give to up and coming entrepreneurs?
- Is tech entrepreneurship a new market in your city? If so, how is it changing/affecting where you live?
- What’s the history behind NOEW? How has it impacted the larger vision for revitalizing NOLA?
- What can participants expect to gain from attending?
- How can other cities launch a similar event? What does it take?
I hope you’ll all join us! See you there!
Want to help us spread the word? Please share these tweets with your community: