How To Blend Your Creative & Professional Side on Social Media
#YesWeCode Chat 31: How To Share Your Creative & Professional Self on Social Media
Sunday 11/8/15 at 8pmCT
Follow me on Twitter @uchechi_writes
Blending two career paths and/or interests online can be tricky. My husband and I both know several musicians/coders and I constantly see fellow entrepreneurs sharing their creativity on social media. As a poet, startup founder and entrepreneur, I’ve discovered that it has a lot to do with what your goals are on social media. Are you sharing one part of yourself for you career and the other is just fun? Do you want to grow and monetize both selves? Knowing your audience is important, but so is figuring out how you can engage, inform, learn, inspire, educate?
If you’re interested in maximizing what what you get out of social media sharing, while also giving yourself freedom to explore your creativity, this is a chat topic you’ll want to join.
During the next #yeswecode chat, we’ll explore this topic because and I look forward to learning from other entrepreneurs and creatives.
I’ve chosen to focus on doing these things and letting go of the rest. This is you, and it’s an important part of you. People want to share that, especially if they can learn something for their own lives.
Questions To Think About:
1. Should we have to be one dimensional online? We aren’t in real life?
2. How can we bring together all the essential parts of our work?
3. Do we have to create separate social accounts for all the different parts of ourselves?
4. Can we just be “creatives” and what does that even mean?
5. What are ways you’ve integrated the two? What’s worked? What hasn’t worked?
See you there!